My Account Sign in Register.
Out of Print. Pre-release title.fenfsoundperbehand.gq
The Cardiovascular System at a Glance : Philip I. Aaronson :
On Special. Firm Sale.
- Gordon State College Bookstore - Website Footer;
- The Cardiovascular System At A Glance.
- Naughty 2: My Way or the Highway?
- Un mort par page (Hors collection) (French Edition).
- Coin Collecting for Fun and Pleasure.
- The cardiovascular system at a glance | University College London;
- A Trainers Companion: Stories To Stimulate Reflection, Conversation, Action.
Internationally Sourced. In your basket.
Large Print. Because there are so many small blood vessels e. As the velocity of the blood at any level in the system is equal to the total flow the cardiac output divided by the cross-sectional area at that level, the blood flow is slowest in the capillaries Figure The capillary transit time at rest is 0. Blood viscosity Very viscous fluids like motor oil flow more slowly than less viscous fluids like water.
Re-evaluating the functional landscape of the cardiovascular system during development
Viscosity is caused by frictional forces within a fluid that resist flow. Although the viscosity of plasma is similar to that of water, the viscosity of blood is normally three to four times that of water, because of the presence of blood cells, mainly erythrocytes. In anaemia, where the cell concentration haematocrit is low, viscosity and therefore vascular resistance decrease, and CO rises. Conversely, in the high-haematocrit condi- tion polycythaemia, vascular resistance and blood pressure are increased.
These, in addition to viscous forces within the liquid, set up a velocity gradient across the tube Figure This is termed laminar flow, and occurs in the microcirculation, except in the smallest capillaries. Seller Inventory NEW Ships with Tracking Number! Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory n.
Shop with confidence
Aaronson; Jeremy P. The Cardiovascular System at a Glance. Aaronson ; Jeremy P.
- Chapter 002, Assessment and Diagnosis (Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional)!
- Shop by category.
- Inaccessible To Pity . . . The Second Most Cunning Beast of the Field (The Guy in the Shades Collection, Volume 2).
- The Cardiovascular System at a Glance by Aaronson, Philip I. () | BrownsBfS.
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears (Keepsake Stories)!
Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell , This specific ISBN edition is currently not available. View all copies of this ISBN edition:. Synopsis About this title This concise and accessible systems-based text provides an integrated overview which considers both the basic sciences and clinical applications of the cardiovascular system.
The Cardiovascular System at a Glance is a perfect introduction and revision aid to understanding the heart and circulation and now also features: An extended section of self-assessment clinical cases to aid revision and illustrate clinical relevance Up-to-date information on pharmacology of the cardiovascular system Expanded material on history and examination and increased detail on ECG of arrhythmias Highly visual colour presentation "synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description : The Cardiovascular System at a Glance is a concise and accessible systems-based textbook. About the Author : Philip I.
Related The Cardiovascular System at a Glance
Copyright 2019 - All Right Reserved